Create your app on Apple
1. Create an Apple developer account
- check platform iOS
- enter a short description of your app
- check Bundle Id: explicit
- enter a unique bundle id like com.mycompanyname.myappname and remember it
- do not check any capabilities
- click continue
- click register
- click the + button in the upper left and select new app
- platform: ios
- name: enter the name of your app
- Language: choose your main language supported in the app
- identifier: in the dropdown, choose the app created just before
- UGS: unique identifier for your app in the app store, recommended value is your bundle id com.mycompanyname.myappname
- click create
Create another account and add it to the appstore connect team
- create another apple developer account (with your email like firstname.lastname@example.org)
- give this account access to your apps in AppstoreConnect (with the developer role)
- do NOT activate two factor authentification on this account
How to get the variables to be filled by the end user ?
- bundleIdentifier : the bundle identifier of your iOS app, find this in
https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ => My Apps => [Your app] => Informations => Bundle Identifier
(it should looks something like com.yourcompany.yourappname )
- appleId : the email used to log in to the second developer account created (the one without two factor auth)
- applePassword : the password used to login to the account mentioned just before
- itcTeamId : your apple developer team id. To get it :
-login to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/
- then open the following link:
- copy all the content you see (some verbose code)
- paste all of this inhttps://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to have a better vizualisation
- find the lin "contentProviderId": 00000000 : the numbber is your team id.
⚠ If you're part of multiple teams, you will have several contentProviderId occurences, make sure you use the right one (by checkin the "name" in the same block as the "contentProviderId" ).
- appStoreConnectTeamId : find your team id here:
https://developer.apple.com/account/#/membership (search forteam id).
⚠ If you're part of multiple teams, double check in the top-right that you selected the correct one.
How to submit to the App Store ?
- login to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/
- go to My Apps
- select your app
- select the App Store tab
- fill all mandatory information in the App Information and pricing parts
- still on the left, select the version in yellow, the one waiting for submission
-fill in all mandatory fields
- ⚠ in the build section, you must select the latest build (if there is already one selected, you can remove it). In the build list, if the last one is still greyed out and unselectable ('build processing'), just wait a few minutes, you'll get an email from Apple when the build is ready.
- Don't forget to save on the top right
- When ready, click submit in the top right, next to the save button. If it is greyed, it means you still have missing informations.
Create your app on Android
- create a Google developer account
- login to https://play.google.com/apps/publish
- click create application
- enter needed informations
Generate your Google Developer service account file
- follow the setup steps here:
Upload your first build
- go to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
- select your app
- on the left menu, click and fill in the following : (Store listing , Content rating , App content , Pricing & distribution ) (you know you are done when you get a green check on the item)
- On the left menu, select App releases
-click on Manage on the Internal test section
-click create new list , give it the name Internal testers and add yourself as an internal
tester, then create
- click on Create release
-under Let Google manage and protect your app signing key (recommended) , click on advanced options and make sur Let Google create and manage my app signing key is selected. Then select continue .
-You should see a page title New release to internal test
-select browse files under Android App Bundles and APKs to add , and select the file
app-release.aab that you downloaded from Celestory
-click Start rollout to internal test . If this bbutton is greyed out, it means at least one of
the mandatory items on the left is not green.
- Your app is now in the pending publication state . You must wait a few hours (maybe days) that Google validates your app. You can see your app state from your app's dashboard page in the developer console.